Core Taekwondo takes pride in representing the community at various events on the Peninsula. Our students smiles, focus and showmanship will please any crowd!
Some of the events our students have performed at include:
- San Mateo Lion Dance Festival
- San Mateo Summerfest
- College of San Mateo Farmers Market
- Meter Garden Unveiling
- San Mateo Wine Walk
If you’d like us be involved in your event please get in touch, our students gain a lot of confidence from these events and we’re always interested in helping out.
Teen Leadership Committee
At Core Taekwondo, being a Black Belt is not just about kicking and punching – it’s about leading by example both on and off the mats.
Team Leadership Committee members develop leadership skills by planning and executing events like Parents Night Out, they strengthen their techniques by assisting with children’s classes, and they learn the importance of forming a strong, safe and welcoming community.
The Teen Leadership Committee is also involved in organizing community service projects that benefit the larger community. During their 2017 Can & Candy drive, the TLC generated over 250lbs of items for Second Harvest and 150lbs of candy for Operation Gratitude!
Black Belt Community Service
All Core Taekwondo Black Belts are required to design and implement a community service project.
Here are a few examples of the outstanding projects we have seen thus far:
- A donation drive of baby items for LifeMoves First Step for Families.
- Projects to help feed the homeless including canned food drives, volunteering at local food banks and promoting others to join in and help out.
- Promoting literacy by volunteering at local preschools and reading with kids.
- A free women’s self defense seminar open to the community to help empower women.