With over 10 years experience teaching Taekwondo, a B.A. in Elementary Education & Curriculum Design, and many years of inclusive classroom teaching experience, Master Meggie brings a unique perspective to Taekwondo.
- Meggie has practiced 7 different styles of martial arts, and obtained a black belt in 4 other styles for a total of 5 black belts.
- Meggie’s teaching experience ranges through 5 different states and 5 different styles of martial arts.
- Meggie speaks English and conversational Spanish.
- Meggie began her teaching career at 13 years old when she was hired to be a paraprofessional for students with autism-spectrum disorders.
- During college Meggie performed as an acrobat in a traveling circus troupe.
Why do you teach?
After reflecting on my own education, the thing which made the most difference in my life was Taekwondo.
Taekwondo taught me discipline, goal setting, respect, perseverance, self confidence and built me into the person I am today.
I can think of nothing more rewarding than helping my students build these qualities in themselves.